Another CrossFit Open in the books. We hope you enjoyed the process, reveled in your PRs and have new goals for next year. Write them down and work on them each week...you will be glad you did! Check out our update show for the final point count!
Week 5 is here and surely won't disappoint. Come out Thursday night to see what final workout is in store and watch the Coaches throw down 18.5 right after the announcement. For more and to see who took the points in week 4.....
...and 2 to go! Three weeks in, and the workouts continue to spawn sweat, fury and many PR's! It was so great watching those first (or first in a long time) muscle ups and pull ups. Oh, and some were reminded that jumping a rope is hard...annoyingly hard at times. Have fun this week - see you on Thursday night!
Week 2 of the Open did not disappoint. The workout was a burner, but all the PR's made it so worth it. Team Purple still has the lead, but the gap is getting closer. See you Thursday night to cheer on your brave announcement athletes and on Friday for the lululemon Pop Up and 18.3 fun.
18.1 was long and brutal, but many still found a way to like it and put out great scores. Kudos to all that showed up and did the wod and cheered on their teams. Speaking of teams, drum roll for the leader of week 1 and the athletes throwing down Thursday night......(you have to watch to find out)!
Let the fun, pain, laughs and PR's of the Open begin!! Thursday Night Lights starts tonight with the announcement viewing at 8pm followed by several members reppin their colors to do the WOD. Check out the episode below for more details and to see who's throwin down tonight!
Are you ready (and registered) for the Open?! Teams have been announced and the fun starts soon. Enjoy episode 2 of the DRiV Open Update Show.
Get excited to rep your GREEN, PURPLE, NAVY or TURQUOISE to see who Blue Steel will pass the trophy to this year!
Everyone can get points for their team, regardless of how you do the workout. Thursday nights will kick off with the announcement watch parties at 8pm, followed by each team having one ore more do the workout.
All Friday workouts will be the Open wods. Spirit is encouraged and always motivating, but will not earn points this year.
Here's how to get points:
- Sign up for the Open (games.crossfit.com) = 1 point
- Thursday night competitors = 1 point
- Sign in* to a class on Friday (CAN ONLY SIGN YOURSELF IN**) = 1 point each week
- Log your open score online (Monday 8pm cutoff) = 1 point each week
End of Open Bonus Points:
- 2 points for having signed in on Friday every week
- 2 points for having logged scores every week
- 2 points for having signed in and logging scores every week
* You get the point for coming to class whether you are working out, cheering on your team or just stopping by for the point. Workout can be done at another designated time, if needed. Thursday night competitors already get a point, so the Friday check in isn't worth a point.
**If a team is caught signing anyone other than themselves in (whether the other person is at the gym or not), there will be severe penalty...just don't cheat.
It's that time of year again...Open Season and Update Show time! Registration is live for the Reebok CrossFit Games Open.
- Sign up at games.crossfit.com
- Use affiliate CrossFit DF
DRiV Open Teams are in the works and will be announced soon. Enjoy episode 1 of the show and look out for more to drop each week!